Please enter search criteria
Charging Your Textbooks to Financial Aid
All registered Riverland students can charge required textbooks and school supplies available in the Bookstore to their college bill. PSEO students and students with outstanding account balances are not eligible for this option.
Financial aid charging allows students to charge items at the Bookstores, up to $800, adding this total to their tuition and fees at the beginning of each semester. Any items not covered by a student’s financial aid will be the student’s responsibility to pay.
Bookstore charging begins:
- FALL/SPRING – Two weeks prior to the start of classes.
- SUMMER SESSIONS – Two weeks prior to the start of the first summer session. There is only one charging period for all summer sessions.
The charging period ends on the 4th day of each semester.
Charging in the Bookstores:
To charge in the bookstores, you must present your class schedule as well as student id or other photo id. If you return or exchange textbooks and qualify for a refund, your account will be credited in the same manner*.
Online Bookstore charging:
To charge through the online Bookstore, select financial aid as your payment type and enter your student ID number in the account number field during checkout. Students may need to create a Bookstore Account to complete their order. Charging for online orders will end at 4 pm on the 4th day of classes. The customer is responsible to pay for the shipping costs when ordering online. This charge will appear in addition to your ordered items.
The following is a list of items all students may charge at the Bookstores, regardless of financial aid availability:
- Required textbooks and course materials.
- Required kits, uniforms, art supplies, equipment and tools sold in the bookstore.
- School supplies such as folders, notebooks, pens, pencils, calculators.
- Headphones, earbuds, chargers
The following is a list of items you may NOT charge at the Bookstores:
- Novelty items such as drink ware, lanyards, decals
- Soda and snacks
Students may charge more than the $800 if they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Student must have a financial aid award with aid to cover all current charges on the student account.
- Total financial aid must exceed your current account balance by more than $800.
- Cost of allowable items is more than $800.
- Student must obtain a paper deferment from Student Services to charge more than $800
Check your e-services for payment due dates or to determine if your Financial Aid (if applicable) will cover the charges. To check the status of your aid, log in to e-services and review your Financial Aid or contact an enrollment advisor at: 507-433-0600. You will be held responsible for the full payment of your textbooks if you become ineligible for Financial Aid, or if your aid is not sufficient to cover your account balance. You are responsible for all Riverland Bookstore charges incurred after financial aid funds have been disbursed and you have received your refund. Failure to pay all charges on your student account will prevent you from registering for future courses and a hold will be placed on all your academic records.
*See Riverland Bookstore for current Return Policy.
Riverland Community College, a member of the Minnesota State system, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer. Riverland Community College is accredited by the NCA Higher Learning Commission.