Please enter search criteria
Bookstore Buyback Procedure
The Riverland Bookstore provides an opportunity for students to sell back textbooks through our website anytime during the year using current pricing from a Wholesale Textbook Guide. A book buyer from a used book company will be located outside of the Bookstore at the end of each semester, during finals, and again for one day at the beginning of each semester, on the Austin Campus. If possible, we recommend you wait for this buyback as you may get a better price for your books. Signs telling the dates and times will be posted around the campus. No receipt is needed for buyback, but a Student ID is required.
What affects the resale value of your books?
- THIS IS THE MAXIMUM $$ RETURN, half-price of the new text, available at the end of each semester through the book buyer if an Instructor has notified the Bookstore that a book will be reused and the Bookstore needs additional quantities
- The book will not be used on our campus again, or an instructor has NOT yet notified the Bookstore that the book will be used again.
- The Bookstore has sufficient quantities of the book already in stock.
- The book has been published, or is expected to be available soon, in an updated version and as a result has little or no value.
- Condition of the book may be too poor or incomplete to be resold- study guides, workbooks, books with discs, maps, supplements, etc.
- National demand determines resale value of books that are no longer being used on our campus. Students, please guard your books against theft.
Riverland Community College, a member of the Minnesota State system, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer. Riverland Community College is accredited by the NCA Higher Learning Commission.