Rentals & eBooks
With textbook prices getting higher every year, rental is now available for select textbooks at the Riverland Bookstore. If a textbook is available for rental, it will be listed under the course materials section with the New and Used Prices.
When ordering online, the student will be required to agree to the Rental terms and conditions. All rentals are due by the last day of Finals week during the current semester. If the book is not returned by the due date or the book is returned in an unsalable condition, the Riverland Bookstore has the right to charge your student account for the New price of the book.
- Go to bookstore.riverland.edu. If you have never purchased from the bookstore online, then click on Register in the top right hand corner and create an account.
- Go to Log In in the top right hand corner and log in using the account you just created.
- The screen will say, Welcome (your name). Please click on Activate and Access eBooks.
- If you purchased your e-book online you will see a picture of the book. Hover your mouse over the picture. A link will appear to download your book.
- If you purchased your e-book in the store you will see a link that says "Click here to activate an in-store purchase". Click on this link and it will take you to the CourseSmart website where the e-books live. Register as a new user (if you are) or login (if you are already a CourseSmart user). Follow the instructions from there. You will need to activate each eBook separately.
- If you get stuck anywhere along the way there is great telephone support from the e-book people at 888-886-0801.
*Once you download your eBook it cannot be refunded.
Riverland Community College, a member of the Minnesota State system, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer. Riverland Community College is accredited by the NCA Higher Learning Commission.